NPFMA takes great pride in being a close knit community and providing members with a supportive network of peers. NPFMA members enjoy complete access to job opportunities from member companies. Email Valerie@amnevada.com or call 702-798-5156 to post an opening at your company.
CITY OF NORTH LAS VEGAS
CLASS TITLE: FACILITIES TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: FACILITIES MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
DEPARTMENT: PUBLIC WORKS
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
SCHEDULE: 4 DAY WORK WEEK
Performs skilled work of considerable difficulty in the installation, maintenance, and repair of a variety of heating, boilers, air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment and associated systems. Performs skilled work in other building maintenance skilled trades for electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting. Performs skilled and semi-skilled work in building maintenance duties using a variety of hand tools, power tools, and related equipment. performs at a journey level in all of the skilled trade areas of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC. Performs semi-skilled repairs in the areas of locksmith, carpentry, painting, roof repair, as well as various other trades. May supervise subordinate crew members.
Performs new construction and repairs to the interior of and exterior of buildings; repair doors, floors, walls, windows, and related fixtures.
Performs various repairs on heating and cooling systems, appliances, lighting systems, outlets; repairs and installs electrical circuits; repairs and maintains generators and motors, repairs and installs plumbing systems.
Installs and repairs plumbing related equipment such as bathtubs, sinks, drains, water coolers, and toilets; runs water and sewer lines.
Repairs and makes adjustments to machines and equipment. Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on machines and equipment.
Performs manual labor tasks requiring a working knowledge of specialized tools , equipment, and/or materials.
Disassembles machinery and equipment.
Sands and prepares surfaces for painting and patches. Light carpentry repairs as needed.
Performs major repair and routine maintenance on all sizes and types of air-conditioning, refrigeration, chillers, boilers, heat pump systems, and associated equipment.
Reads blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and technical manuals.
Troubleshoots, adjusts, calibrates, repairs, and replaces electronic, electrical, mechanical, and control systems services.
Removes, disassembles, and overhauls major components, e.g., compressors, electric motors, controls, fans, blowers, pumps, vales, piping, etc.
Installs new HVAC units and systems, as well as duct work.
Responds to calls for emergency repair.
Receives and reviews work orders/requests to determine requirements.
Plans and schedules job accomplishment.
Estimates costs and man-hour requirements.
May maintain inventory of parts and supplies, reordering as necessary.
Prepares work area prior to beginning job, and cleans area after completion of job.
Requisitions and/or purchases supplies and materials.
Performs prescribed maintenance checks as scheduled.
Maintains shop equipment.
Maintains various activity records and logs.
Maintenance and repair on fire panels and associated systems.
Performs journeyman level work in electrical, plumbing and HVAC.
Supervises and coordinates work crews and outside contractors.
Repairs, installs and maintains locks, locking systems, and associated hardware.
May serve as a safety coordinator.
Participates in the design, layout and installation of office, public facility, shop, plant and other remodeling, repair or modification projects affecting buildings and facilities; takes measurements; prepares working drawings and sketches; assists in preparing project specifications.
Estimates materials, parts, tools and equipment needed for work assignments; orders and picks up materials and supplies from outside vendors as appropriate; prepares cost estimates for job.
Performs skilled electrical work such as the installation of wire, conduit, outlets, fixtures, switches, appliances, timers, alarm systems, lighting systems, appliances, and other elements of office or public facilities.
Performs skilled plant electrical work such as the installation of motors, pumps, generators, control systems, auxiliary power systems, data information systems, HVAC systems and similar major installations in plant and public facilities. Inspects and performs preventive maintenance on systems and equipment; tests emergency power, lighting, alarm and other backup systems to ensure ongoing usage.
Tests and troubleshoots electrical and electronic components, repairs or orders and replaces components, rewires systems, and tests equipment prior to placing back into service.
Ensures that proper safety procedures are followed, particularly around energized circuits.
Drives City vehicles to work sites and transports materials and assistants as required; may work from lift trucks, ladders and other elevating devices.
Performs other duties as required.
Stand-by and call back are required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Additional vocational or technical training in air-conditioning, electrical, and plumbing trades.
Prefer completion of apprenticeship in one of the building trades or completion of a building trades certificate from a community college or applicable military certifications.
Five or more years of progressively responsible experience performing facility maintenance work in the specialty areas of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC.
Equivalency: Eight years of progressively responsible experience performing repairs and installation of HVAC/refrigeration, electrical and plumbing may be substituted for the education and experience required above.
Licenses and Certifications:
EPA Refrigerant Handling Certification at time or hire/reclassification.
Respirator certification within six months of hire/reclassification.
Sixteen hours O & M asbestos training required within six months of hire/reclassification and annually thereafter.
Must possess a valid state driver's license and maintain satisfactory motor vehicle record and ability to obtain appropriate Nevada state driver's license within required time frame.
Must obtain a Clark County NEC certification within a year of hire date.
Must obtain an F card certification within a year of hire date.
Use of power and hand tools and any equipment and machinery of the specialty area.
Planning and accomplishing assigned jobs.
Performing work at a journey level in all three of the skilled trades of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC.
Performing general maintenance activities.
Read and understand designs, sketches, blueprints, wiring diagrams, operating and repair instructions and manuals.
Ability to estimate and design specific projects.
Ability to comply with all safety rules and regulations.
Physical and Mental Abilities:
Must pass Spirometry test at the time of hire or reclassification, and be able to wear a respirator if required.
While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or bend body forward or downward by bending spine and knees. Use of hands and arms to finger, handle, reach, or feel. Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
Must be mentally competent to complete all required duties.
While performing the essential functions of this the job the employee may be regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions, work near moving mechanical parts, work in precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes or air borne particles, risk of electrical shock, and vibrating machinery and equipment.
Working conditions are typically moderately quiet, but may be loud for limited durations while working with power tools, equipment, or machinery, while following all prescribed safety rules and regulations.
Regular and timely attendance is required.
Apply at: www.cityofnorthlasvegas.com
Company: One Nevada Credit Union
POSITION TITLE: Facilities/Maintenance Technician
DIVISION: Human resources
REPORTS TO: Assistant Vice President Facilities
POSITION STATEMENT: The Facilities/Maintenance Technician provides maintenance/repair service at each location.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintenance/Repair Services 100%
· Performs electrical repairs and troubleshooting of electrical problems;
· Performs preventative maintenance on the HVAC and CCTV equipment;
· Modifies and replaces HVAC and CCTV equipment;
· Performs regular cleaning of ATMs and exterior asphalt/sidewalks;
· Installs, modifies, and repairs conduit runs;
· Performs plumbing repairs and troubleshooting of plumbing problems;
· Performs lock work and the changing of combinations;
· Performs carpentry work such as repairing furniture and doors;
· Performs drywall work such as repairing damaged walls and ceilings;
· Performs other maintenance duties such as carpet cleaning, light bulb replacing, etc.;
· Maintains inventory levels of supplies and equipment Ensures company vehicles are regularly cleaned and serviced;
· Performs maintenance projects as needed, communicating status to those needing to know;
· Assists in relocating individuals and departments;
· Communicates project status with those needing to know;
· Operates a motor vehicle to reach destinations; and
· Performs other duties as may be required.
SCOPE AND EFFECT
Decisions made by the incumbent affect the efficient operation of Credit Union facilities and equipment. Errors in judgment could result in costly repairs as well as the cost of calling out contractors for routine work.
Priority work is assigned and reviewed by the Assistant Vice President Facilities periodically. The Assistant Vice President Facilities sets procedures. Direction is available, as needed, from the Assistant Vice President Facilities/Facilities Specialist and written procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· General knowledge of HVAC systems;
· General knowledge of CCTV systems;
· General knowledge of electrical equipment, including the ability to repair and replace ballasts, switches, receptacles, and safety lights;
· General knowledge of plumbing, including the ability to repair and replace water heaters, faucets, flush valves and drains, and the ability to troubleshoot plumbing problems;
· General knowledge of lock work, including ability to repair and replace locks and the changing of combinations;
· General knowledge of carpentry, including ability to repair desks, chairs, cabinets, and doors;
· General knowledge of drywall repair, including ability to respackle, retexture, and repaint;
· General knowledge of construction, time saving techniques and quality job performance;
· Skill in the use of electrically powered hand tools;
· Skill in working with live electrical lines and the ability to troubleshoot building electrical problems;
· Skill in the operation of a personal computer to include Intranet/Internet use, operating system and word processing software.
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally with all levels of employees;
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and vendors;
· Ability to maintain a valid Nevada driver's license;
· Ability to maintain regularly scheduled attendance;
· Ability to lift 55 pounds; and
· Must be able to relate appropriately to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instruction, and communicating with others; and (c) respond appropriately to constructive feedback from a supervisor.
· Must also have general knowledge of CMMS software and general knowledge of computers and electronic equipment and related software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma or equivalent; plus three years’ experience in maintenance work, including areas such as HVAC, CCTV, electrical, plumbing, lock, drywall, and carpentry.
Physical Demands Summary
No unusual physical requirements. Position requires no heavy lifting although employee is required to frequently lift objects weighing up to 25 lbs. nearly all work is performed in a climate controlled indoor environment. Position occasionally requires meeting deadlines; variance in work volume which is seasonal and at times may not be predictable; priorities can be changed; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences may or may not have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
As noted above Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands, Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and bending. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
There is additional goal based incentive pay. We also have an rich medical, dental and vision plan, a paid time off program to include 12 paid holidays, a flexible spending account for medical / dependent care, a 401K plan with a company match, short term and long term disability at no cost to the employer, tuition reimbursement to assist with the expense of tuition costs and training and development opportunities.
Please submit resume to:
Facsimile: (702) 641-4318